The Role of Prefect
- Class prefects are in a privileged position and must set a good example to other students.
- Prefects will be expected to
- Be punctual
- Be well presented
- Liaise with staff
- Liaise with students in their year
- Foster a lively, enthusiastic atmosphere in keepingwith the spirit of the school
- Assist with the organisation of activities for students
- Meet visitors
- Help on social occasions
- Act as ambassadors for and represent the school when required
- Parent’s evenings, school concerts and first year taster days are just a couple of examples of activities that prefects would assist with.
Prefects will represent the school at functions both inside and outside the school throughout the year. They will liaise loosely with school management and the pastoral care team and will be an indispensable part of the pastoral care structure of our school. All prefects will work closely with their year head and tutors.
Training will be provided to all prefects.