First Year students attend Induction Day on their first day of term from 9.00 to 1.15. No other year groups attend school on that day. Teachers and senior prefects facilitate on the day.
The day is centred round the students. It gives each student an opportunity to get to know other students and staff and to find out more about the school. Hopefully, this will ease the inevitable concerns students and their parents have about leaving primary school and attending secondary school.
The students are:
- Greeted at the entrance by the Principals and Deputy Principals. Divided into smaller groups so they can get to know their classmates better. A student may choose to go into a certain group to be with friends provided there are adequate seats available.
- Addressed by the Principal and Deputy Principal.
- Guided tour of school.
- Introduced to interactive games and quizzes to facilitate better communication between each other, while having fun.
- Basketball and football on courts.
- Break time – Students given refreshments
- Divided into classes 1A and 1B
- Addressed by – Year Head and Tutors.
- Four 20-minute classes in various subjects
- Prayer Service