Junior Certificate Home Economics- Students study areas such as nutrition, food commodities, health, resource management, consumer studies and textiles/crafts. Assessment for Junior Certificate comprises of a written exam, a craft project and a practical cookery examination.
Transition Year – Home Economics is a core subject in TY. The main focus of learning is food and nutrition and how it affects our health. Various other modules on life skills are covered throughout the year.
Leaving Certificate – Topics at Leaving Certificate level are an extension from those covered in Junior Cycle. Students also study a social elective covering everyday issues such as unemployment, poverty, work & education. A written project of 4 cookery tasks is completed in 5th year and this makes up 20% of overall grade for Leaving Certificate Home Economics.
- Une conversation en francais sur la cuisine francaise
- Irish Heart Foundation Presentation
- TY Trip to Ploughing
- Home Economics Field Trip (May 2017)
- Healthy Living Week 2017
- Grow It Yourself
- 1st year Homemade Pizza Workshop
- Self Help Africa Workshops 2017
- Getting into the Christmas Spirit
- Budding Interior Designers
- Global Goal 6- Clean Water & Sanitation (Poster Comp)
- Global Goals for Sustainable Development
- Fire Safety Week 2016
- Healthy Living Week 2016
- Biodiversity workshop
- Science Gallery FIELD TEST Exhibition
- Junior Cert Home Ec Practical’s 2016
- Health Fest 2016
- Fairtrade Fortnight 2016
- Super Chef Finalist 2016