The parents association is elected on a yearly basis at the AGM, normally held in October.
Next meeting: Tuesday, 6th February 2024 @ 7pm
Officers and contact details:
|Paula Bergeson Quinn
Role of the Parents Association
The Parents Association organise many activities which assist the association to achieve its two main roles within the school:
- To work in partnership with the Principal, Board of Management and the whole school community for the betterment of the children in the school.
- To support and empower parents to be active in the best interests of their children’s educational lives.
- Partnership between home and school is important because with positive and active partnership, the child gets the best that education can offer. We know from research that:
- Educational outcomes are better and children are happier at school when parents and teachers work closely together and when parents are enabled to to support their children’s education at home.
- Teachers can do a better job when they are supported by and work closely with parents.
The School Principal attends meetings and give a comprehensive school report.
Meetings are usually held bi-monthly, at 7pm,
All parents are welcome to take part in the work of the Parents Association; its members are accessible to parents and are well known to the school community. The meetings are advertised in advance and all parents are invited to attend. The members of the Parents Association have children attending the school. When particular initiatives are organised these are open to all parents in the area.
If you have specific queries regarding a year group, please contact the relevant parent representative at the email addresses listed here:
If there are issues that parents wish to raise at a Parents Association meeting or if you would like to register with the parents association for updates, please contact the secretary at the email address below.